Saturday, February 21, 2009

Seeing Manatees

I went to see the manatees at Blue Springs State Park with Mommy, Grammy, and Papa.  Layla and Daddy stayed home because Layla was sick.  (Someone in our family is always sick.)  Anyway, it was perfect weather for seeing the manatees - cool in the morning and warming up throughout the day.  Perfect blue sky.  The only problem was, the manatees were there but there really wasn't much to see.  I was much more into the old house that was on the property.  Mommy thinks maybe I will be an architect who restores old buildings.

Here is a mosaic manatee that is on the porch of the "old house" that I loved so much:


If you look really hard in the picture below, you might be able to see some manatees.  They are there I swear!

Papa said that he kind of felt like Rachel on the episode of Friends where she can't see her baby on the sonogram.  Everyone around us was talking about seeing the manatees, but he couldn't see them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can imagine Papa being like "where the hell are they?"