Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Only Thing Constant is Change

Guest Blogger Mommy:

I have been in a state of flux about what to do with this blog. About a year ago people starting asking what I would do when Layla was born. I really didn't know. Eventually it came to be that I continued writing this blog from Mason's perspective and included Layla's events in that. But this is no longer working for me.

The last big post I did felt weird. Why you ask? Because who am I to put words in Mason's mouth? He talks now. He has his own ideas, thoughts, and feelings. Why am I making things up for him to say? Just to be cute? It was no longer cute to me - it felt wrong.

So then I thought, well maybe I can just start writing the blog from Layla's point of view. But that really won't work for me either. It's only time before that will get weird. And you know what? I kind of like things being from my point of view.

So with this, I refer you to my blog - Second Shift Mommy. I will start blogging there again regularly. I will include pictures of the kids, but it won't be only pictures. I will tell stories and gripe and just basically journal our life as it happens. I hope that I can use it to help myself remember what my kids were like....and what I was like....at certain points in our life.

4 comments:

arika said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog over the past couple of years. I feel like I've been able to watch the kids grow from a distance and to stay connected with what's going on in your life. Glad you are going to keep going on Second Shift Mommy.

CHarris said...

Great idea!

Unknown said...

I agree, great idea. :) I enjoy reading your blogs.

Regina said...

Can't wait to see...